Elephant care program with Lanterns Festival Workshop
(Only 2 days between 11-12 November 2019)
08:30 a.m. - 09:00 a.m. : Pick you up from your hotel. One hour drive through Mae Tang agricultural countryside. When you arrived at the park, The experienced guide will provide information about the elephants' behavior, a story of our retired elephants that we rescued, and how to provide proper care for them. After that, you will get to prepare food and healthy treats (fresh fruit, sugar cane etc.) for the elephants and feed them afterward.
10.30 p.m. - 12.00 p.m. :
Learning how to make a “Kratong” and Sky Lantern including the history about Loy Krathong & Yee Peng Lantern Festivals.
A “Krathong” is a lotus-shaped raft that floats on water. Krathong made of the banana trunk and decorated with banana leaves, flowers incense and candle.
A “Sky Lantern” is made of thin rice paper stretched over a bamboo or wireframe which when ignited, traps the hot air from fuel cells and creates enough lift for the lantern to float up in the sky.
After finished you can take it back to the city before being released Krathong down the river at night and float up Sky Lantern in the sky .
12:30 p.m. - 01:00 p.m. : Enjoy a lunch of a traditional Thai buffet, which is suitable for vegetarians.
01:30 - 03:00 pm. : After lunch, you and the elephants will walk to play in the mud and sand spa. During this time, you will have a chance to observe their behavior. You can also enjoy with the elephant for cleaning the elephant's skin and scrub mud to their body for protecting elephant's skin from the insect, this activity depends on an elephant if elephant wants to do you can join. After your time with the elephants, change your clothes and shower.
03:30 p.m. : We supply towels and soap to clean yourself before backing to the city. After you have taken a shower, there is some time to relax with a cold beverage and enjoy the scenery.
05:00 - 05:30 p.m. : Drop off to your hotel in Chiang Mai city.
The program Include:
- Free Pick up / Drop off at your hotel by Minivan 6 persons, 10 persons, 13 persons, (If you want Private car for 2-13 persons please let us know)
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Free Lanterns Festival Workshop
- Free Buffet Vegetarian Lunch (Papaya salad, Fried rice, Fried vegetable, Fried banana, and Watermelon)
- Drinking water
- Photography upload on facebook
- Bananas, and sugar cane for the elephants.
- Free Locker
1-3 year Free *** Children 1-3 years old please sit on the parents lap
4-8 year Half Price
9+ year Full Price
Guest payment terms:
1. All transactions must be settled day before guest program date (eg: heavy rain, sickness etc).
2. No cancellation refunds.
3. If you would like to change the date, please inform us with in 1 week.